Monday, March 5, 2012

Return from outer space

Yes, I am somewhat back from my tumble off the world's edge. Where have I been? I'd like to say exploring lost runes and finding new species of mammals but that would be a lie.

I have been utterly and entirely swamped by life. I have to admit, this has been one of the worst years of my life because of finacial issues, death and other such things I don't want to think about right now. Saddly, I'm not quite on track yet and won't be on track in the near future. Don't expect to hear a lot from me for a little while. But let's crawl out of the bad news pit now, shall we?

The good news is that I have managed to stay on track with three of my writing goals for this year. That is, I'm well on my way to hitting 500,000 words for the year, I'm still hanging in there for the 12in12 challenge and I released another novella in February.

All the other goals (especially the one about promoting) are essentually shot to Hell at the moment. And I probably won't be releasing an anthology in March. Why? I'm just not motivated to write the two stories I want to finish the anthology with.

You're probably wondering how I'm on track for the 12in12 if I'm not writing the two stories I need to, right? Well, my brain decided that in February, it wanted to write scenes for the second book of a triolgy I haven't even started the first book for. This month, my brain choose to start another novel length work that I'm much too immersed in to even think about switching over to anything else.

I do really love my current story and because of it, I've got 44,000 words under my belt for this month's 12in12. Last month I hit 48,000. It's like I'm doing mini-NaNo's and I've never had so much fun.

I stumbled out of the block and barely squeaked by the first two months (December and January for me) but am more than making up for it. If I manage to finish off the challange in November with 200,000 words, I'll hit 500,000 words for this year. Yes, that's a heck of a lot.

I don't think I've ever written this much in one year, even counting my two previous NaNos. And you know what? I'm absolutely loving it. Now, if I can only find a little birdie to help me promote, that would be wonderful. But, one can't have it all so I'll have to chug along until things start looking up.

Until then, keep your chin up and flail your arms crazily when a certain four letter word hits the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment