Thursday, May 13, 2010

Motivation

So, I just received my first Quarterly Report from the publishing company. Book One has been out for about two months now and in that time, I have sold two e-books. I'm hoping it's because the book is only available online and not because there is lack of interest in it.

I'm also hoping that in the next four months I can make sales pick-up. I would be happy even selling 100 in four months, then say 200 the next. That's a half-decent goal, I think. But the problem is, major book-stores won't take it unless there is demand. And, I don't have a lot of time to make it so there IS a demand.

A bit discouraging yes, but I'm not going to give up. I didn't come this far to stop at the starting line. I'm going to find myself some really good friends to help push it over the next four months and hopefully that will make the difference.

And if I crash and burn, well at least I can say I tried. It's better to have tried and failed then to have not tried at all. At least, that's how the saying goes anyway.

On the plus side, the bookmarks, business cards and postcards look lovely. Now, once I get a small crew of people together, I can deliver them and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment