Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Writer's block

The bane of every writer's existence. A short period of time when creative juices stop flowing, muses take a leave of absence and nothing sounds right when written.

There is no cure. This inconvenient period of time must run its course without being forced or hurried. The writer must be patient and wait for muses to come back, juices to flow and things to start sounding right again.

Every writer has experienced it at least once. Some, more often then others. Personally, it always comes right when I suddenly have a lot of free time on my hands and can write for hours without being interrupted. Most of the time it only last a few days. Sometimes a week... this is starting to sound like something else entirely, isn't it? ;)

Anyway, I'm experiencing a bit of writer's block now. I tried writing on Sunday but just couldn't get going. I managed only to get four pages done and I know the next time I read those four pages, I'm going to hate them and want to change them.

On the plus side, I have a load of ideas for other stories. I can still plot and plan, I just can't actually write it. It could however, be an issue of me not being interested in the current story I'm writing. Sad to say, I lost interest in Book Three about three weeks ago and moved onto another novel. Now it seems I've lost interest in that because of a very odd idea that's been poking the back of my mind.

I need a few weeks off so I can get my brain straight and just write whatever for a few days. Oddly, I'd probably end up finishing a novel. Or two. Depending how long I was off and how many of those days I actually sat down and wrote.

The strange thing is, I feel like writing, I just don't know what to write. I guess that's why I'm writing this...ha. Hopefully, I'll get out of this funk soon. Not like I particularly need to, no one's going to be reading anything I write now for a while. And that, may be the problem. I may not be in the mood to write because I'm not getting any comments on anything I write.

Well now, this could turn out to be quite troublesome. There's no true way to get comments on Book three or anything else I'm writing unless I post it live somewhere on the Internet. Well, the good news is, I don't have to post the whole thing. I don't think there is bad news, so I might just give it a whirl.

Then again, I could just need a good couple days of sleep. Yes, days. I am exceptionally tired this week and I am unsure as to WHY. Ah well, whatever it is, I'm sure it will clear itself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment